Engtec Engineering provides a range of precision engineering and machining services to clients in various industries.
We are big enough to take on substantial jobs and projects, but small enough to offer fast turnaround times on most machining and repair work (typically 1-5 working days), and small minimum order quantities (MOQs) on production/fabrication items.
HIGH PRECISION MACHINING
- CAD design from client-supplied engineering drawings, concept, or samples.
- Translation of CAD drawings to CNC machine program and production.
- A range of horizontal boring mills with digital readouts (DRO), capable of handling work pieces up to 4 tons.
- Work accuracy of up to 0.01 mm.
- Major industries serviced (but not limited to) in this area, Rail and Sugar.
- Conventional and CNC lathes with the capability to handle components up to 4 metres in length and 1 metre in diameter.
- Specialising in the manufacture and refurbishment of rollers for paper mills, but not limited to this – we are able to do work for any industry.
GENERAL FABRICATION AND WELDING
- Design, fabrication, weld repairs, and general repairs.
- Fabrication and machining of welded components from concept, drawings, or design to customer specifications.
- On-site welding facility able to handle pieces up to 3 tons.
- Welding capabilities – all generally required types including: Arc (SMAW), TIG, MIG, Argon/CO2 continuous feed and spot welding etc.
- Specialised work undertaken in this area includes (but is not limited to) repair of frames/carcasses for 5M2/5M2A, 7E and other class railway traction motors, to Transnet specifications.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in reverse engineering and improving components to increase quality and lifespan.
- Use of conventional measuring equipment or 3D scanning services as appropriate.
- Casting of components in ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
- Machining and finishing of casted components to clients’ specifications.
3D CAD/CAM DRAWING AND 3D SCANNING
- Drawing and modelling using industry-leading design software, supplemented by 3D scanning capabilities to ensure quality and speed.
- On-site measurement solutions, quality control, and verification.
- Once-off projects that require various processes, including 3D printing and advanced drawing capabilities, to create a unique part or machine, e.g. shredders used in the recycling industry.
- Paper milling and processing
- Sugar milling and processing
- Industrial shutdown/maintenance
- Foundries (machining of castings)
- Construction and earth moving
- Petrochemicals (refining, oil and gas processing, etc.)
- Plastic – injection and blow moulding
- Recycling – plastic, paper, steel, etc.
- Shipping/ship repairs
- Automotive/vehicle manufacturing